The entry level Beginners courses are for people who have not studied Iyengar yoga before. Students are introduced to the methodology of the Iyengar system including prop use, sequencing, timing and repetition of the introductory poses (asanas). At the completion of a Beginners course, students are eligible to enrol in Transition to Level 1 classes. These classes are suitable for all levels of fitness. If you have an injury or health concern, please call the studio to discuss your condition. In each of these short yoga course, you can come to any of the ten Beginners Yoga Classes listed below. Come to one, or come to all.
Beginner course commencement dates for 2017
- Monday 9 January (7 weeks)
- Monday 27 February (7 weeks)
- Monday 18 April (7 weeks)
- Monday 5 June (6 weeks)
- Monday 17 July (6 weeks)
- Monday 28 August (6 weeks)
- Monday 9 October (6 weeks)
- Monday 20 November (5 weeks)
|Mon 9.30 – 10.45 am|
|Mon 6 – 7.15 pm|
|Tue 4.15 – 5.30 pm|
|Wed 7.30 – 8.45 pm|
|Thu 6 – 7.15 pm|
|Fri 9.30 – 10.45 am|
|Sat 9 – 10.15 am|
|Sat 4 – 5.15 pm|
|Sun 4 – 5.15 pm|
Benefits of our Beginners Courses
- upto 7 weeks of Unlimited Beginners Yoga Classes
- Our beginners classes are designed to teach the correct foundations of Iyengar Yoga.
- Each week classes build from the previous one leading to a gradual steady improvement.
- All classes are conducted by trained or& certificated Iyengar yoga teachers, experienced in guiding students through the first steps of yoga.
- Classes are at your level, with other Beginners only.
- You get help with getting into poses.
- All equipment and mats provided.
- A clean and modern yoga studio.
- Yoga with interesting sequences and postures.
- No Bikram or hot yoga in stuffy rooms.
- Easy, free parking.
- A community of new friends where you can progress at your pace.
Do you have questions about starting yoga classes with us? Take a look at our beginners yoga course frequently asked questions for advice.